- 4 cups water
- 1 cup gem onions
- 4 bacon strips, reduce 1-inch pieces
- 2 bone-in chicken white meat halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced organic mushrooms
- 2 garlic clove cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup white-colored wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Hot cooked noodles
- Inside a large saucepan, bring water to some boil. Add onions boil 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water peel and hang aside.
- Inside a large skillet, prepare bacon over medium heat until crisp. Utilizing a slotted spoon, remove to sponges.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt. Brown chicken in drippings remove and warm. Add onions and mushrooms to drippings saute until crisp-tender. Add garlic clove prepare one minute longer.
- Combine flour and broth stir into onion mixture. Add some wine, bay leaf and thyme provide a boil. Return chicken and bacon towards the pan. Reduce heat cover and simmer 25-half an hour or until a thermometer reads 170.
- Remove chicken and warm. Prepare sauce over medium heat until slightly thickened. Discard bay leaf. Serve chicken and sauce with noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
Initially printed as Coq au Vin in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cook book Annual 2006