- 1 pound penne
- 3 cloves garlic clove, minced
- 1 whole medium onion, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons butter
- two tablespoons essential olive oil
- 1 cup vodka
- One 14-ounce can tomato puree or tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 generous pinch red pepper flakes, plus much more as needed
- 1/4 to at least oneOr2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
Prepare the pasta based on package directions.
Saute the garlic clove and onions by 50 percent tablespoons butter and also the essential olive oil inside a saucepan over medium heat until soft. Pour within the vodka, fostering in case your stove comes with an open flame (take away the pan in the heat before adding). Prepare and lower for two to three minutes, then pour within the tomato puree. Stir the mix until it's completely combined, then lessen the heat to low. Pour within the heavy cream. Stir to mix, then turn heat towards the cheapest simmer possible. Sprinkle at a negative balance pepper flakes and add pepper and salt to taste. Finally, stir within the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Pour the drained pasta in to the sauce and toss to mix. Sprinkle around the Parmesan, then sprinkle on more red pepper flakes if preferred.
2011 Ree Drummond All Legal rights Reserved