- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown taters, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Inside a greased 8-in. square baking dish, layer 1 / 2 of the taters, onion, bacon and cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a tiny bowl, whisk the egg, milk and seasoned salt pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 350 for half an hour. Uncover bake 5-ten minutes longer or until a knife placed close to the center arrives clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Initially printed as Potato Bacon Casserole in Country August/September 2009, p49
1 piece: 181 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fats), 62mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 12g carb (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.