- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped eco-friendly pepper
- 12 large eggs, gently beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown taters, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 piece: 391 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fats), 357mg cholesterol, 887mg sodium, 17g carb (3g sugars, 0g fiber), 18g protein.
- Inside a large skillet, prepare bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove having a slotted spoon drain in writing towels. Discard drippings, reserving two tablespoons. Within the same skillet, saute onion and eco-friendly pepper in drippings until tender remove having a slotted spoon.
- Inside a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings. Stir within the hash browns, cheese, onion mixture and bacon.
- Transfer to some greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35-forty-five minutes or until a knife placed close to the center arrives clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Initially printed as Sunday Brunch Casserole in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p31