- 4 thick strips applewood smoked bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 red onion, reduce small dice
- 1 eco-friendly pepper, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 5 (14 1/2-ounce) cans great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups Carolina-style barbecue sauce
- 1 cup walnut syrup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
Inside a large, heavy-bottomed pot or Nederlander oven, add some bacon and canola oil, turn heat to medium-high and prepare the bacon until it begins to crisp, four to five minutes.
Add some red onions and eco-friendly pepper, season with pepper and salt and saute over medium-high temperature before the vegetables have softened, about a few minutes. Add some beans, bbq sauce, walnut syrup, vinegar and mustard. Provide a simmer, cover, lessen the heat to low and then prepare the beans, about forty-five minutes. Take away the lid and prepare uncovered before the sauce has reduced and thickened and also the flavors allow us, about fifteen minutes. Right before serving, adjust the seasoning with pepper and salt.