- 4 boneless skinless chicken white meat halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and lemon-pepper. Inside a large skillet, prepare chicken in oil for six-7 minutes on every side or until a thermometer reads 165 remove and warm.
- In same skillet, prepare bacon over medium heat until crisp. Utilizing a slotted spoon, remove to sponges drain, reserving two tablespoons drippings.
- In drippings, saute onion and brown sugar until onion is tender and golden brown. Place two bacon strips on every chicken white meat half top with caramelized onions and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Initially printed as Smothered Chicken Breasts in Simple & Scrumptious May/June 2006, p33
1 each: 445 calories, 34g fat (13g saturated fats), 66mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 17g carb (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.