- 1 tablespoon essential olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- two tablespoons sliced garlic clove
- 2 pounds eco-friendly beans, rinsed, ends trimmed
- 1 cup chicken stock, canned low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Set a Nederlander oven over medium heat and add some essential olive oil. When the oil is hot, add some bacon and prepare, stirring from time to time, until it's well browned, about a few minutes. Add some onion and garlic clove and prepare, stirring from time to time, before the onions are translucent, three or four minutes. Add some eco-friendly beans and toss to mix using the bacon and onions.
Boost the heat to medium high and add some chicken stock. When the stock starts to boil, put the lid around the pan and prepare the beans for around 6 minutes. Take away the lid, season the beans using the pepper and salt, and toss well. Switch the lid and prepare before the beans are tender, one or two minutes longer.
Remove in the heat and transfer the beans to some serving dish or small platter.
Photograph by Hallie Burton