- One 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken, reduce 8 pieces, patted dry
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Flour for dredging
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin essential olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Peel of half a lemon, white-colored pith removed, reduce very thin strips
- 2 large garlic clove cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary oil leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken broth, homemade or canned low-sodium
- 2001 Television Food Network, GP. All legal rights reserved
Preheat the oven to 400 levels F.
Season the chicken with pepper and salt. Dredge within the flour and pat from the excess. Heat a sizable skillet over medium heat and add two tablespoons from the oil. Add some chicken skin-side lower and saute until golden brown, about a few minutes per side. Take away the chicken in the skillet and reserve.
Discard the oil and wipe the pan by helping cover their a paper towel. Add some remaining 1 tablespoon oil as well as heat over medium-low heat. Add some onion and prepare until golden, about ten to twelve minutes. Add some lemon zest. garlic clove, and rosemary oil, and prepare for just two minutes more. Add some honey, fresh lemon juice. and broth, boost the heat and produce to some simmer .
Make use of a slotted spoon to transfer the onions to some 9- by 13-inch ovenproof casserole. and spread them out. Arrange the chicken, skin-side up in one layer around the onions. Pour the cooking liquid within the chicken. Season with pepper and salt to taste. Bake within the oven, basting every fifteen minutes, until cooked through, about forty-five minutes. Remove in the oven and serve.
From Food Network Kitchens
I wish to get this to