- 2 pounds small red-skinned taters, quartered
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin essential olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic clove, finely chopped
- two tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 lemon (1/2 juiced, 1/2 reduce wedges)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (1 1/2 to at least one 3/4 pounds)
- two tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
Position a rack within the lower third from the oven and preheat to 425 levels F. Chuck the ball taters with 1 tablespoon essential olive oil, the cumin seeds. 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Spread inside a large baking dish and roast before the taters start to brown, 25 to half an hour.
Meanwhile, heat the rest of the two tablespoons essential olive oil in a tiny skillet over medium heat. Add some garlic clove and prepare, stirring frequently, until gently golden, a couple of minutes. Remove in the heat and stir within the brown sugar, fresh lemon juice and red pepper flakes .
Take away the baking dish in the oven, push the taters towards the sides and arrange the chicken breasts in the centre. Season the chicken with salt and drizzle using the garlic clove mixture. Go back to the oven and bake before the chicken is cooked through and also the taters are tender, about twenty minutes. Remove in the oven transfer the chicken to some cutting board and slice. Add some cilantro towards the baking dish and toss using the taters. Serve the chicken using the taters and lemon wedges. Drizzle using the pan juices.
Photograph by Christopher Testani
Recipe thanks to Food Network Magazine