- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 slices day-old bread, crusts removed, reduce 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup sugar
- two tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 7 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- Inside a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, butter and cinnamon. Add some bread cubes and raisins mix well. Pour right into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350 for 50-an hour or until a knife placed close to the center arrives clean.
- Inside a saucepan, combine sugar, flour and water until smooth. Add butter. Provide a boil over medium heat prepare and stir for just two minutes. Remove in the heat stir in vanilla. Serve warm or cold over pudding. Yield: 8 servings.
Initially printed as Custard Bread Pudding in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p8
1 each: 421 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fats), 92mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 68g carb (56g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.