- 1 (five to six pound) roasting chicken
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 large bunch fresh thyme, plus 20 sprigs
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 mind garlic clove, decline in half crosswise
- two tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
- 1 large yellow onion, heavily sliced
- 4 carrots reduce 2-inch chunks
- 1 bulb of fennel, tops removed, and reduce wedges
- Essential olive oil
Preheat the oven to 425 levels F.
Take away the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and outside. Remove any extra fat and leftover pin down and pat the outdoors dry. Liberally pepper and salt within the chicken. Stuff the cavity using the couple of thyme. both halves of lemon. and all sorts of garlic clove. Brush the outdoors from the chicken using the butter and sprinkle again with pepper and salt. Tie the legs along with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips underneath the body from the chicken. Put the onions. carrots. and fennel inside a roasting pan. Toss with salt, pepper, 20 sprigs of thyme, and essential olive oil. Spread around the foot of the roasting pan and put the chicken on the top.
Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hrs, or before the juices run obvious whenever you cut from a leg and leg. Take away the chicken and vegetables to some platter and canopy with aluminum foil for around twenty minutes. Slice the chicken onto a platter and serve it using the vegetables.