- Gingerbread cookies:
- 1 package sugar cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- two tablespoons pumpkin cake spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger root
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- Royal Icing
- 2 large egg-whites or 5 tablespoons meringue powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice or 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Food coloring, if preferred
- For Gingerbread Cookies:
For Gingerbread Cookies:
Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
Inside a large mixing bowl, blend all ingredients together and chill for approximately one hour. Roll dough on floured board about 1/8-inch thick. Cut preferred shapes with cookie cutters and put onto sheet pan. Bake for 8 minutes in preheated oven.
For Royal Icing:
Having a hands mixer, beat the egg-whites using the fresh lemon juice or extract until creamy. Add some sifted powdered sugar and beat on low speed until combined, smooth, and glossy. Use high and beat roughly a few minutes till stiff and glossy. Add food coloring, if preferred, and transfer to some pasty bag to pipe onto cookies.
Recipe thanks to Sandra Lee, 2007