- 1 tablespoon essential olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic clove, gently crushed using the side of the knife blade and minced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 eco-friendly bell pepper, stem and seeds removed and small diced
- 2 (1-pound) cans red kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white-colored grain
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro leaves
Heat essential olive oil over medium-high temperature inside a large saucepan. Saute garlic clove, onion, celery, and bell pepper until tender. Stir in kidney beans. onion powder, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Reduce heat to low and let mixture simmer gradually when you prepare the grain.
Bring the chicken stock to some boil and stir in grain and butter. Go back to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and prepare for 25 minutes without taking out the lid. Remove from heat and let are a symbol of a few minutes.
Fold grain and beans lightly together and transfer to some serving dish. Serve garnished with cilantro.
2007, Robert Irvine, All Legal rights Reserved.