- 1 1/4 pounds thick-sliced bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- two tablespoons extra-virgin essential olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 4 garlic clove cloves, minced
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary oil
- 1 pound Great Northern beans, drenched overnight and drained
- 10 cups chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Steps to make this recipe
- Inside a large soup pot, prepare the bacon over moderate heat, stirring, until browned and crisp, about 7 minutes. Drain, reserving body fat and bacon individually.
The soup and bacon could be refrigerated individually for approximately three days. Recrisp the bacon before serving.