- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- two tablespoons taco seasoning
- Tortilla chips
- Inside a bowl, combine cheeses put aside 2 cups for topping. Add beans, sour cream, cream cheese and taco seasoning towards the remaining cheese. Transfer to some greased 2-qt. baking dish sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 25-half an hour or until bubbly round the edges. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Yield: about 5 cups.
Initially printed as Cheesy Bean Dip see how to avoid & Tasty October/November 2001, p21
2 tablespoon: 88 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fats), 22mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 3g carb (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.