- 1 (3-pound) boneless beef eye round roast
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup plus two tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic clove
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves only
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme, leaves only
- 8 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves only two sprigs fresh rosemary oil, leaves only
- two tablespoons mustard powder
- Horseradish Cream, recipe follows
- Horseradish Cream:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- two tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
Season roast well with pepper and salt. Inside a medium saute pan over medium-high temperature, add two tablespoons oil. When hot, sear roast on every side, until nicely caramelized, about eight to ten minutes. Remove roast to some sheet tray lined having a wire rack.
Meanwhile, place garlic clove, parsley. thyme, oregano. rosemary oil, mustard powder, 1/2 cup oil, pepper and salt, to taste, inside a mixer and pulse until mixture forms a paste.
Rub paste throughout roast. Bake within the oven before the roast is cooked to medium-rare or registers 125 levels F with an instant-read thermometer, about forty-five minutes.
Let roast rest ten minutes before slicing and serve with Horseradish Cream.
In a tiny bowl, mix together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until prepared to serve.