- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size), divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup tepid to warm water (120 to 130)
- 2 eggs, gently beaten
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry cake filling
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- one to two tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350. Inside a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups cake mix, flour, yeast and water until smooth. Stir in eggs until blended. Transfer to some greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Lightly spoon cake filling over top.
- In a tiny bowl, mix butter and remaining cake mix sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until gently browned. Awesome on the wire rack. In a tiny bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, corn syrup and enough water to attain preferred consistency. Drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Initially printed as Cherry Coffee Cake in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p33
1 piece: 268 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fats), 36mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 52g carb (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.