- 4 cups fresh rhubarb, 1-inch diced (four to five stalks)
- 4 cups fresh bananas, hulled and halved, if large
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (see note)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, gently packed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking (not instant) oatmeal, for example McCann's
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, diced
- Vanilla frozen treats, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 levels.
For that fruit, chuck the ball rhubarb, bananas. 3/4 cup granulated sugar, and also the orange zest together inside a large bowl. Inside a calculating cup, dissolve the corn starch within the orange juice after which mix it in to the fruit. Pour the mix into an 8 by 11-inch baking dish and put it on the sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
For that topping, within the bowl of the electric mixer fitted using the paddle attachment, combine the flour, the rest of the 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, salt, and oatmeal. Using the mixer on low speed, add some butter and blend before the dry ingredients are moist and also the mixture is within crumbles. Sprinkle the topping within the fruit, covering it entirely, and bake for one hour, before the fruit is bubbling and also the topping is golden brown. Serve warm with frozen treats.
2010, Barefoot Contessa How Easy is the fact that. All Legal rights Reserved