- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup walnut syrup
- 4 cups fresh bananas, halved
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- Inside a large saucepan, combine sugar and corn starch. Stir within the water, fresh lemon juice and syrup. Stir within the berries. Provide a boil over medium heat prepare and stir for just two minutes or until thickened.
- Serve immediately or transfer to freezer containers. Might be frozen for approximately 3 several weeks.
- To make use of frozen sauce: Thaw within the refrigerator overnight. Devote a saucepan as well as heat through. Yield: 6 cups.
Initially printed as Berry Compote Topping in Simple & Scrumptious This summer/August 2009, p59
1/3 cup: 101 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fats), 0mg cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 25g carb (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.