- 4 cups fresh or frozen tart cherries
- 1-to-1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/8 tablespoon almond extract (optional)
- Your preferred cake crust or cake dough recipe for just two crust cake
- 1 1/two tablespoons butter, to us dot
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, to sprinkle
Place cherries in medium saucepan and put over heat. Cover. Following the cherries lose considerable juice, which might have a couple of minutes, remove from heat. In a tiny bowl, mix the sugar and corn starch together. Pour this mix in to the hot cherries and blend well. Add some almond extract, if preferred, and blend. Return the mix towards the stove and prepare over low heat until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove in the heat and let awesome. When the filling is simply too thick, give a little water, too thin, add a bit more corn starch .
Preheat the oven to 375 levels F.
Make use of your favorite cake dough recipe. Ready your crust. Divide in two. Unveil each bit big enough to suit into an 8 to 9-inch pan. Pour cooled cherry mixture in to the crust. Us dot with butter. Moisten fringe of bottom crust. Place top crust on and flute the advantage from the cake. Create a slit in the center of the crust for steam to flee. Sprinkle with sugar.
Bake for around 50 minutes. Remove in the oven and put on the rack to awesome.
Recipe thanks to Peter Sterk