- 1 (18.25-ounce) box white-colored cake mix
- 1 (3-ounce) box strawberry-flavored instant gelatin
- 1 (15-ounce) package frozen bananas in syrup, thawed and pureed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Strawberry cream cheese frosting, recipe follows
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen bananas in syrup, thawed and pureed
- 1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 7 cups confectioners' sugar
- Freshly sliced bananas, for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Gently grease 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
Inside a large bowl, combine cake mix and gelatin. Add pureed bananas, eggs, oil, and water beat at medium speed by having an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into prepared pans, and bake for 25 minutes, or until a wood pick placed within the center arrives clean.
Let awesome in pans for ten minutes. Remove from pans, and awesome completely on wire racks.
Inside a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed by having an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in 1/4 cup from the strawberry puree and also the strawberry extract. (All of those other puree is leftover but may be used in smoothies or on frozen treats for any scrumptious treat.) Progressively add confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth.
Spread frosting among layers and on the top and sides of cake. Garnish with sliced fresh bananas, if preferred.
Recipe thanks to Paula Deen