- 1 small shallot, quartered
- two tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Two 1/4-inch-thick slices of peeled fresh ginger root
- 1 jalapeo, stemmed and seeded
- 1 1/two tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds ground poultry
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or any other Asian hot sauce
- 4 brioche or kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- Bread-and-butter pickles, lettuce, mint leaves and chopped peanuts, for serving
Steps to make this recipe
- Inside a small mixer, pulse the shallot, cilantro, ginger root and jalapeño using the fish sauce until chopped. Transfer the mix to some bowl and knead within the poultry. Using slightly moistened hands, make up the meat into four 4-inch patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the burgers with oil and grill over moderately high temperature, turning once, until golden and crusty and merely cooked through, eight to ten minutes.
- In a tiny bowl, combine the mayonnaise using the Sriracha. Spread the mix around the rolls. Top using the burgers, pickles, lettuce, mint and peanuts, close and serve.
Beer Citrusy pale ale: Anderson Valley Poleeko Gold.