- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sodium bicarbonate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1 slice: 225 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fats), 27mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 32g carb (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
- Inside a large bowl, sift together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add sugar, oil, eggs and buttermilk. Mix well. Stir in flavorings, pumpkin, raisins and pecans. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes or until bread tests done. Let stand ten minutes before removing from pans. Awesome on the wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves.
If Cooking for 2: Freeze one loaf for an additional time.
Initially printed as Pumpkin Bread in Reminisce November/December 1991, p35