- 1 ahi tuna steak, 6 ounces
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder, on spice aisle
- 1 teaspoon grill seasoning, for example Montreal Steak Seasoning, or salt and coarse pepper
- Cooking spray or vegetable oil, for brushing the grill pan
- 5 ounces, half a sack, mixed prewashed baby salad vegetables
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 European cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon grain vinegar or grain vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons -virgin essential olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Coat your steak with a mix of five-spice powder and grill seasoning or pepper and salt. Heat a grill pan or griddle over high temperature. Spray grill surface or wipe having a thin layer of oil. Add tuna steak towards the hot cooking surface and sear tuna 2 minutes on every side. Remove tuna from heat.
Combine vegetables, radishes and cucumber inside a bowl. Inside a smaller sized bowl, whisk wasabi, vinegar and soy sauce. Whisk in oil to mix dressing. Drizzle dressing over your salad and toss to coat evenly. Slice tuna with an position and arrange around the salad.
Recipe thanks to Rachael Ray