- 1/2 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic clove
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- two tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4 hamburger rolls
- Optional Toppings:
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 small Romaine lettuce leaves, or other type you've on hands
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-low heat.
Inside a mixer, pulse onion and garlic clove until finely chopped. Add 1 can black beans, cilantro, parsley, egg, and red pepper flakes and pulse to mix.
Transfer mixture to some large mixing bowl, add some remaining can of black beans and also the bread crumbs. Season with pepper and salt, to taste, and blend until well combined.
Reserve 1/three of the black bean mixture for Round 2 Recipe. Divide remaining mixture into 4 portions and form into patties. Put on hot oiled grill over medium-low heat and prepare about 6 minutes a side or until heated through. Toast hamburger buns on the grill. Convey a hamburger at the base of every bun. Top with lettuce, tomato and ketchup. Cover the burgers with the top bun and serve.
Make use of the leftovers out of this recipe in Black Bean Enchiladas .
Recipe thanks to Sandra Lee