&"Traditional 7-Up pound cake recipe produced from scratch the southern way! Velvety soft, moist and handle served by a vintage 7-up glaze!&"
My granny Barb’s homemade 7-up pound cake may be the TRUTH. But mine&...is much better! *drops mic* Adore you granny however this 7-up pound cake has run out of our planet good!
Still it packs out of all flavor of the powerful 7-up poundcake however the texture is incredible because of certainly one of my personal favorite pound cake ingredients, heavy whipping cream!!
I don’t think my grandmother has discovered the special moment of heavy whipping cream in pound cake yet. She made 7-up pound cake ALL.THE.TIME. after i was becoming an adult.
Like seriously y’all there actually was a 7-up pound cake made every doggone week! We ate it plain more often than not but from time to time it had been drizzled having a glaze or we’d top it with fresh bananas and awesome whip.
This season was really my very first time ever creating a homemade 7-up pound cake. I don’t understand what required me such a long time.
The sweet, comforting, familiar aroma had the house smelling like vanilla, sugar and lemons all day long! This classic 7-up pound cake is really a true champion! It just will get better the following day!
Should you’ve never notice a true 7-up pound cake them allow me to be the first one to expose you to a cake that may easily become the perfect favorite! My little Ethan couldn’t get enough! It’s velvety soft, sweet, and full of a lemon lime flavor. Adding the soda really gives this cake an excellent texture and flavor.
Don’t worry should you’re not fan of seven-up since i’m not either, yet this cake continues to be certainly one of my favs!
Some say that you could switch the 7-track of any type of lemon lime flavored soda but to a lot of (southerners mainly) that's an abomination and it should be created using 7-up. Ehh I’m not receiving into that certain.
Simply make the wedding cake Annie-Mae! You may really love me for this!
Watch me get this to homemade 7 -Up pound cake from beginning to end!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs, 70 degrees
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Zest of just one lemon
- Zest of just one lime
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup 7-Up soda
- 7-up glaze (1 cup of powdered sugar combined with two tablespoons of sevenUp)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Generously grease and gently flour a bundt pan. Put aside.
- Inside a large bowl, cream together butter, shortening and sugar.
- Add the eggs individually.
- Fold within the vanilla flavoring and lemon extract.
- Fold within the lemon zest and lime zest.
- Progressively include the flour and salt and blend until combined.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and seven-up to well combined and batter is fluffy.
- Spoon batter into bundt pan.
- Bake for one hour and 10-fifteen minutes (check up on it following the one hour mark) or until knife placed into middle arrives clean.
- Let cake sit in pan until pan is warm to touch.
- Remove from pan and put on the cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Drizzle with 7-up glaze if preferred.