- Line deep cake tin having a double layer of greaseproof paper.
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C / 300°C / Gas 2.
- Sieve the flour right into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Lightly beat all of the ingredients together, utilizing a low setting around the mixer.
- When ingredients are combined, increase speed and beat for just one minute.
- Spoon mixture in to the prepared baking tin and smooth the very best.
- Prepare within the center from the oven for specified time, as above. Test the wedding cake by gently pressing the center. If baked, it ought to spring back and also the top ought to be golden brown. To become extra sure, insert a skewer or knife and when it comes down out clean, the wedding cake is cooked.
- Leave in tin for around fifteen minutes, then turn onto a wire tray to awesome.
- When completely cold, wrap in greaseproof paper and store inside a awesome, dry place.
- Add some rind of the lemon or perhaps an orange for any citrus flavour.
- For almond flavour, give a teaspoon of almond essence for vanilla flavour, give a teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Add 50g/2oz desiccated coconut.
This cake is actually fast and simple to create and fosters a cake that's firm but includes a moist texture. Well suited for slicing!
Come along on Facebook!
We are on the highway again a few days ago. Kilkenny ideas come! Pop through the Baking tent to greet Catherine Odlums team :). See More See Less