- 1/2 pound imported Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound Gruyere cheese, shredded
- two tablespoons corn starch
- 1 garlic clove clove, peeled
- 1 cup dry white-colored wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cherry brandy, for example kirsch
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Pinch nutmeg
- Assorted dippers
In a tiny bowl, coat the cheeses with corn starch and hang aside. Rub within the ceramic fondue pot using the garlic clove, then discard.
Over medium heat, add some wine and fresh lemon juice and produce to some gentle simmer. Progressively stir the cheese in to the simmering liquid. Melting the cheese progressively encourages an even fondue. Once smooth, stir in cherry brandy, mustard and nutmeg.
Arrange a variety of bite-sized dipping foods on the lazy Susan around fondue pot. Serve with chunks of French and pumpernickel breads. Another suggestions are Granny Cruz apples and blanched vegetables for example broccoli, cauliflower. carrots and asparagus. Spear with fondue forks or wooden skewers, dip, swirl and revel in!
Recipe thanks to Tyler Florence