- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove powder
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen creamed green spinach, thawed
- 2 cups diced Swiss cheese
- 2 unsliced round loaves (1 pound each) Italian or French bread
- In a tiny microwave-safe bowl, beat cream cheese and garlic clove powder until smooth. Stir in green spinach and Swiss cheese. Cover and microwave on high for several-6 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring from time to time.
- Meanwhile, cut a 4-in. circle in the heart of one loaves of bread. Remove bread, departing one in. at bottom of loaf. Cut removed bread and also the second loaf into 1-1/2-in. cubes. Spoon hot green spinach use bread covering. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested inside a 1,100-watt microwave.
Initially printed as Creamy Swiss Green spinach Dip in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p29
2 tablespoon: 115 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fats), 18mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 10g carb (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.