- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Essential olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- two tablespoons butter
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- Pinch turmeric
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups lengthy-grain grain
- Minced fresh parsley, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 levels F.
Drizzle the chicken breasts with essential olive oil and sprinkle using the ground thyme and a few pepper and salt. Place the chicken inside a roasting pan and roast until cooked through, about twenty minutes. Put aside.
Inside a pot over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the celery, carrots, onions and peppers for three or four minutes. Sprinkle using the fresh thyme and turmeric and prepare for an additional 2 minutes. Pour within the chicken broth. cover, provide a simmer and simmer half an hour.
Prepare the grain based on the package instructions keep warm.
Shred or chop the chicken and combine it with the pot using the soup. Simmer for an additional fifteen minutes. Stir within the grain and minced parsley and serve.