- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup pico de gallo or fresh salsa
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped, plus one to two tablespoons sauce in the can
- 1 14 -ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 1/3 cups cooked white-colored grain, warmed
- 1 1/3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (about 5 ounces)
- 1 1/3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- Guacamole, for serving (optional)
Heat the vegetable oil inside a medium pot over medium-high temperature. Add 1/2 cup pico de gallo, the chopped chipotle, and adobo sauce to taste prepare before the mixture begins to sizzle, a couple of minutes. Add some beans and threeOr4 cup water provide a minimal boil, then stir within the chicken and prepare before the mixture is slightly thickened, a couple of minutes. Stir within the cilantro and season with salt.
Heat the tortillas because the label directs. Arrange the grain horizontally within the lower 1 / 2 of each tortilla, departing single 1/2-inch border on every side. Top evenly using the cheese, chicken mixture, lettuce and also the remaining pico de gallo .
Fold the underside fringe of each tortilla snugly within the filling, tuck within the sides and roll-up tightly. Cut the burritos in two and serve with guacamole.
Per serving: Calories 731 Fat 30 g (Saturated 11 g) Cholesterol 117 mg Sodium 1,501 mg Carb 70 g Fiber 8 g Protein 43 g
Photograph by Christopher Testani