By Petrina Verma Sarkar. Indian Food Expert
This scrumptious dish is definitely come up with and extremely tasty. It originated from Kolkatta/ Calcutta and it is frequently known as the Calcutta Kati Roll. Juicy morsels of spicy chicken are covered with Paratha that's been coated with egg! It's best, to make sure smooth workflow, to help make the parathas and chutney needed for that rolls (see component list), before you decide to prepare the chicken. This way, once the chicken is prepared, all that you should do is assemble the rolls!
- 3 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 large onion sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoons of garlic clove paste
- 1 tablespoons of ginger root paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder (see link below for recipe)
- 300 gms boneless, skinless chicken reduce 2" cubes/ pieces
- 3 tomato plants chopped fine
- Salt to taste
- 6 Parathas (see link below for recipe to create these pan fried flabreads)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable/ canola/ sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup Mint-Coriander Chutney (see link below for recipe)
Increase grocery list
- Heat the oil (3 tbsps) inside a deep pan on medium heat. When hot, add some cumin seeds and fry for any minute.
- Add some sliced onions and fry till soft. Add garlic clove and ginger root pastes and fry for one minute. Now add all spice powders (including garam masala ) and fry until oil starts to outside of the masala (spice-onion mix).
- Add some chicken pieces and brown. Add some tomato and salt to taste. Stir well and add 1/2 cup water. Prepare till chicken is tender. There must be very little gravy at this time.
Continue Studying Below
- Heat a fry pan on low heat and give a tablespoon of oil into it. As the oil is heating, break an egg inside a bowl. Season with salt to taste and whisk the egg till fluffy. Pour to the pan and spread by tilting the pan back and forth. Now rapidly place a Paratha to the still 'wet' egg and permit to prepare. The egg will quickly prepare and 'set'. This is where you switch the egg-paratha over. Prepare for thirty seconds and take away in the pan.
- To put together the rolls: Lay one egg-paratha on the plate and spread Mint-Coriander Chutney onto it. Just how much is dependent on personal choice. Now add roughly 2 tbsps from the cooked chicken inside a line lower the middle of the paratha. Roll tightly. You are able to wrap in foil at this time, to keep all together and tidy for eating - the filling can drop out otherwise. Serve hot.