Note: Recipe directions are suitable for original size.
Diet per serving may change if servings are adjusted.
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- two tablespoons finely chopped garlic clove
- two tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
- two tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- two tablespoons extra-virgin essential olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 °F. Whisk lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, garlic clove, oregano, jalapenos, oil and salt inside a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Add tenders, bell pepper and onion toss to coat. Spread the mix out evenly cover with foil. Bake before the chicken is cooked through with no longer pink in the centre, 25 to half an hour.
Sign up for playboy
Short time 3-for-1 deal!
Obtain a twelve month of EatingWell®, Rachael Ray Every Single Day™ and Shape® just for $11.
- Per serving: 211 calories 10 g fat( 2 g sitting) 1 g fiber 6 g carbohydrates 24 g protein 22 mcg folate 63 mg cholesterol 2 g sugars g added sugars 1039 IU vit a 47 mg ascorbic acid 34 mg calcium 1 mg iron 360 mg sodium 311 mg potassium
- Diet Bonus: Ascorbic Acid (78% daily value), Vit A (22% dv).
- Carb Servings: 1/2
- Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 3 liver organ, 1 1/2 fat 1/2 Carb Serving
Rate and Review
October 28, 2010
By: EatingWell User
It was excellent even missing a couple of from the ingredients. I didn't have jalapeno or onion on hands and so i overlooked and upped the quantity of peppers using a number of colors. Also used chicken breasts chunks instead of tenders however it labored fine. I additionally offered over brown grain however i use chicken broth as opposed to just water to enhance the flavour from the grain. Will certainly make again.
October 16, 2010
By: EatingWell User
It was fast and simple and incredibly tasty! I bending on the veggies and added 2 Tbsp . of chicken broth. Offered over brown grain, the tangy-liness from the jalapenos was a great taste sensation. I'm certainly adding that one to my require a healthy dinner fast recipe favorites.