- Chicken Nuggets
- 8 chicken thighs. skinned and deboned
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup grated Mozzarella dairy product
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic clove-flavored hot pepper sauce (suggested: garlic clove-flavored Tabasco)
- Juice of just one lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup flour, for dredging
- 3 eggs. beaten
- 2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup mild yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Inside a large bowl, marinate the bits of chicken in buttermilk. Cover with plastic wrap and then leave within the refrigerator overnight. This can tenderize the chicken.
Heat oil inside a deep fryer. Drain and discard the buttermilk. Inside a mixer. combine the marinated chicken, egg, chives, Parmesan, soy sauce. garlic clove-flavored hot sauce, fresh lemon juice. salt, and pepper. Blend until an even paste is created, about one minute. Make a couple of-inch by 1-inch nuggets, lining them on a baking tray. Inside a shallow bowl, add some flour as well as in another bowl the beaten eggs, as well as in another bowl the panko bread crumbs. Coat the nuggets in flour, then egg, and so the panko crumbs and put the nuggets back around the tray. Deep fry in small batches until golden brown, about a few minutes. Alternately, heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil inside a large skillet and fry, turning every 2 minutes, for around ten minutes.
For that dipping sauce: Combine the mustard. honey, salt, and pepper inside a bowl and blend well. Cook's Note: Can be created as much as one day ahead of time.
Cook's Note: Soaking the chicken in Buttermilk can lead to tender and juicy chicken.
You can purchase buttermilk within the dairy product portion of a store, but mixing 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice or vinegar achieves exactly the same result.