- 2 dozen pizza, about 3 1/4 pounds, rinsed and patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Essential olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted inside a skillet over medium heat until gently browned
- Leaves from 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Teriyaki Sauce:
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons grain wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 fresh, hot red chile, halved
- 5 garlic clove cloves, halved
- 2 -inch piece fresh ginger root, smashed using the side of a big knife
Preheat the oven to 400 levels F.
Season the pizza with pepper and salt and drizzle just a little essential olive oil in it to avoid sticking. Lay the wings in one layer on the baking sheet. Bake for half an hour or before the skin will get crispy and also the wings are cooked through.
Meanwhile, combine the teriyaki sauce ingredients inside a large saucepan. Simmer over low heat and lower until slightly thickened. Pour the sauce right into a large bowl. Dump the wings in to the bowl and toss to coat all of them with the sauce. Transfer to some serving platter and sprinkle using the sesame seeds and cilantro. Serve hot.
Recipe thanks to Tyler Florence