- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- About 1 cup hot red pepper sauce (suggested: Texas Pete)
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- House seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 (one to two 1/2-pound) chicken, reduce pieces
- Oil, for frying, preferably peanut oil
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic clove powder
Inside a medium size bowl, beat the eggs using the water. Add enough hot sauce therefore the egg mixture is vibrant orange. In another bowl, combine the flour and pepper. Season the chicken using the house seasoning. Dip the seasoned chicken within the egg, after which coat well within the flour mixture.
Heat the oil to 350 levels F inside a deep pot. Don't fill the pot greater than 1/2 full with oil.
Fry the chicken within the oil until brown and crisp. Dark meat takes more than white-colored meat. It will need dark meat about 13 to 14 minutes, white-colored meat around eight to ten minutes.
Mix ingredients together and store within an airtight container for approximately 6 several weeks.