Diana Rattray is definitely an enthusiastic home prepare and foodie with a love for Southern cooking and Southern food history. Find out more
Updated April 02, 2016.
Here's a simple chicken recipe from Cindy, only using 5 ingredients. The Tex-Mex flavors stick out within this tasty dish, and also the slow cooker causes it to be quite simple.
Get this to easy Mexican-style grain to choose the chicken and serve it with warm tortillas or cornbread. I suggest 1 1/2 to two glasses of salsa.
The recipe could be scaled up or lower easily.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (12 to fifteen ounces each) whole kernel corn. drained
- 1 cup canned thick and chunky salsa or Pace Picante Sauce
- five to six boneless chicken white meat halves, without skin (a couple of pounds)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Increase grocery list
Inside a 3-1/2- to five-quart slow oven, mix together the black beans, corn, and 1/2 cup from the salsa.
Top using the chicken breasts, then pour the rest of the 1/2 cup salsa within the chicken. Cover and prepare on HIGH for just two 1/two to three hrs, or before the chicken is tender and white-colored throughout. Don't overcook or even the chicken is going to be dry.
Sprinkle cheese on the top cover and prepare before the cheese melts, about 5 to fifteen minutes.
Continue Studying Below
Tips and Variations
- Chop or shred the chicken and serve it on soft tortillas using the salsa mixture. Top with shredded cheese along with a dollop of sour cream, if preferred.
- Switch the chicken breasts with boneless chicken thighs.
- Slice an onion and combine it with the slow oven using the beans and corn.
- Omit the cheese or make use of a cheddar jack or Mexican mixture of cheeses, or use pepper jack or taco seasoned cheese.
- Avoid cooking the chicken breasts a lot longer compared to suggested time. Chicken breasts are extremely lean, so that they have a tendency to dry up when overcooked. Should you must prepare it longer, try the recipe with boneless chicken thighs.