- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 onion
- 8 cloves garlic clove or 1 whole mind
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger root, sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 3 limes, juiced
- Splash low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin essential olive oil, plus much more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves selected
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper, halved, plus much more to taste
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 whole free-range chicken (about 5 pounds), reduce 10 pieces
- Limes, for garnish
- Parsley, for garnish
- Smoking chips, drenched in water for fifteen minutes
Start by making the jerk marinade. Combine all of the marinade ingredients inside a blender and process til you have an even puree.
Add chicken pieces right into a large resealable plastic bag and pour within the marinade. Place the bag right into a baking dish and let marinate within the refrigerator overnight.
Preheat grill to high.
Make a table-top smoker or have a roasting tray, line it with foil and then add drenched wood chips towards the bottom. Convey a wire rack outrageous, upside lower, and lay chicken pieces within the chips around the rack. Cover with foil and grill over high temperature. Smoke for ten minutes.
Preheat oven to 300 levels F.
Transfer the chicken pieces to some baking sheet and drizzle with extra-virgin essential olive oil. Bake within the oven "low and slow" until chicken is tender, about one hour. Take away the chicken in the baking sheet to some serving platter and garnish with limes and parsley before serving.