- 1/2 cup hickory, apple or apricot wood chips
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- two tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- two tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger root
- 3 pounds pizza, wing tips removed and wings reduce 2 pieces
Steps to make this recipe
- Light a propane gas grill. Wrap the wood chips in heavy-duty foil and pierce the foil packet having a skewer. Add some packet towards the grill. Cover and allow the wood chips start to smoke, a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, inside a large bowl, combine the apricot preserves using the Worcestershire sauce, light brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic clove powder, sweet paprika, cayenne and ginger root. Scrape 1 / 2 of the mix right into a normal size bowl. Add some pizza towards the large bowl and toss to coat well within the sauce. Allow the pizza are a symbol of a few minutes.
- Grill the pizza, covered, over moderately high temperature, turning them from time to time, until they're charred in spots and cooked through, 22 to 25 minutes. Transfer the pizza to some platter and serve the reserved sauce quietly.
Beer Citrusy wheat beer: SweetWater Sch'Wheat from Georgia.
Wine Fruit-forward Or Pinot Gris.