MAKES: 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper cayenne
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken white meat halves, skin removed
- 1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups chardonnay
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 garlic clove cloves, minced
- two tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked pasta
- Shredded Romano cheese
- Combine the paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne sprinkle over chicken. Put the chicken, mushrooms, red pepper, onion and artichokes inside a 5-qt. slow oven. In a tiny bowl, combine the chardonnay, tomato paste, garlic clove and thyme pour over vegetables.
- Cover and prepare on low for five-6 hrs or until chicken is tender. Stir in parsley. Serve with pasta sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Initially printed as Italian Chicken Chardonnay in WGN - Slow Oven Contest
1 serving (calculated without pasta): 282 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fats), 103mg cholesterol, 550mg sodium, 16g carb (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 43g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 5 lean meat.