- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken white meat
- Pepper and salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic clove powder
- 1 teaspoon Mexican Spice Blend
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 5 canned whole eco-friendly chiles, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 canned chipotle chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can stewed tomato plants
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce, canned
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar and Jack cheeses
- Garnish: chopped cilantro leaves, chopped scallions, sour cream, chopped tomato plants
Coat large saute pan with oil. Season chicken with pepper and salt. Brown chicken over medium heat, allow 7 minutes both sides or until no more pink. Sprinkle chicken with cumin, garlic clove powder and Mexican spices before turning. Remove chicken to some platter, let it awesome.
Saute onion and garlic clove in chicken drippings until tender. Add corn and chiles. Stir well to mix. Add canned tomato plants, saute one minute.
Pull chicken breasts apart by hands into shredded strips. Add shredded chicken to saute pan, match vegetables. Dust the mix with flour to assist set.
Microwave tortillas on high for thirty seconds. This softens them and means they are more pliable. Coat the foot of 2 (13 by 9-inch) pans having a ladle of enchilada sauce. Utilizing a large shallow bowl, dip each tortilla in enchilada sauce to gently coat. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture in every tortilla. Fold over filling, place 8 enchiladas in every pan with seam side lower. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
Bake for fifteen minutes inside a preheated 350 degree F oven until cheese melts. Garnish with cilantro. scallion, sour cream and chopped tomato plants before serving. Serve with Spanish grain and beans.
Recipe thanks to Tyler Florence