- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cacao
- 1 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature choc chips
- Inside a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, oil and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cacao, sodium bicarbonate and salt progressively increase peanut butter mixture just until blended (dough is going to be sticky). Stir in choc chips.
- Visit rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly having a glass.
- Bake at 350 for 8-ten minutes or until set and tops are cracked. Awesome for just two minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Initially printed as Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies see how to avoid & Tasty Feb/March 2005, p9
1 each: 86 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fats), 9mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 10g carb (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, fat.