Chocolate Brown Sugar Butter Cake
- 1 c. butter
- 1¼ c. firmly packed brownish sugar
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of. unsweetened cacao
- ¼ c. warm water
- ⅔ c. chocolate syrup
- 2½ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon. baking powder
- ½ teaspoon. salt
- ¼ teaspoon. sodium bicarbonate
- 1 container sour cream
- ½ c. Buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon. vanilla flavoring
Spiced Pumpkin Frosting
- ½ c. pumpkin puree
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- 2 white-colored chocolate baking bars
- 1 teaspoon. pumpkin cake spice
- 1 package cream cheese
- ½ c. butter
- 1 box powdered sugar
- ½ c. gently toasted pecans
- ½ c. gently toasted walnuts
- pecan halves
- For that Chocolate Brown Sugar Butter Cake: Heat oven to 350 levels F. Beat butter at medium speed by having an electric mixer until creamy. Progressively add sugars, beating well. Add egg yolks, 1 at any given time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- In a tiny bowl, stir together unsweetened cacao and warm water until cacao is dissolved. Stir in chocolate syrup until blended. Put aside.
- Stir together flour and then 3 ingredients inside a medium bowl inside a separate bowl stir together sour cream and then 2 ingredients. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until just blended after each addition, scraping lower sides of bowl when needed. Finally, stir within the cacao mixture.
- Beat egg-whites inside a large bowl at high-speed by having an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Lightly stir one-third of egg-whites into batter fold in remaining egg-whites.
- Grease (with shortening) and flour 3 (9-inch) round cake pans. Spoon batter into prepared pans. Drop pans gently on counter to produce large air bubbles.
- Bake at 350 levels F for 18 to twenty minutes or until a wood pick placed in center arrives clean. Awesome in pans on wire racks ten minutes remove from pans and awesome completely on racks (about one hour).
- For that Spiced Pumpkin Frosting: Stir together pumpkin puree and cream in a tiny saucepan prepare over medium heat, stirring constantly, three or four minutes or until completely heated. Remove from heat and stir in white-colored chocolate until melted. Stir in pumpkin cake spice. Chill 2 hrs or until thickened and completely cold.
- Beat cream cheese and butter by having an electric mixer until creamy. Progressively add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended. Add pumpkin mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in chopped pecans and walnuts until blended. Spread frosting between layers and also over top and sides of cake. Store cake in refrigerator. Garnish with pecan halves.
More recipes such as this