Yam Cream Cake
Last Sunday, we did not reach celebrate A Birthday as my nephews and my boy are get yourself ready for their exam. Exactly what a relief, 'Exam' has ended now. ) Which means this weekend I designed a Yam Cream Cake in my Mother, a belated A Birthday Gift on her.
'Sign. (' I do not find much improvement within my piping skill. I actually do understand what's the reason. It had been since i did not practice my piping skill very frequently. I believe I must place it by doing this when i dislike cleansing the oily piping tips and so i rarely practice piping. I only do piping on my small cake for special day. I believe a number of you out of trouble there also share exactly the same view as me.
3 egg yolks
60g castor sugar
40g veg. oil
1/4tsp vanilla essence
110g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
1tbsp milk powder
50g fine sugar
1/8tsp cream of tartar
200g yam (steam and mashed)
60g coconut milk
200g whipped cream
1/2tsp yam paste
200g whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Make use of a hands whisk and blend (A) together.
3. Sift (B) and blend into (A).
4. Stir till well blended and hang aside.
5. Make use of a cake mixer and whisk egg-whites and cream of tartar till creamy.
6. Progressively include the sugar and whisk till medium stiff peaks form.
7. Fold in 1/4 from the meringue in to the egg yolk mixture until combined.
8. Then fold in all of those other meringue gently in 3 portions until well blended.
9. Pour batter right into a lined and greased 8" round tin.
10.Bake within the preheated oven for 30mins.
11.Remove cake in the tin and hang aside to awesome.
1. Boil water and sugar together until sugar dissolved.
2. Pour within the coconut milk and yam.
3. Stir over low fire until mixture is nearly dry.
4. Remove from heat and hang aside to awesome.
5. Mix the awesome yam paste, whipped cream and yam paste together until well blended.
(Note: You are able to skip the cooking part for that yam in case your yam is moist and starchy. Just mix the mashed yam with whipped cream and yam paste, you may even include some coconut powder.)
1. Slice sponge cake horizontally into three pieces.
2. Convey a slice of sponge cake on the cake board, spread the yam filling regarding this and put another slice regarding this.
3. Spread with filling again and put the final slices onto it.
4. Cover the entire cake with whipped cream and decorate as desire.