- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Inside a large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugars. Beat in eggs until well blended. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, sodium bicarbonate and cream of tartar progressively increase creamed mixture.
- Visit small teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 8-ten minutes or until gently browned. Remove to wire racks to awesome. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Initially printed as Amish Sugar Cookies in Country Extra This summer 1990, p45
2 each: 233 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fats), 31mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 25g carb (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.