- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1½ c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon. vanilla flavoring
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon. baking powder
- ½ teaspoon. salt
- Ornamental Frosting (optional)
- Coarse sugar crystals, silver drages, holiday decors (optional adornments)
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In separate large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat butter and sugar until blended. Increase speed to high beat until light and fluffy, about a few minutes. Reduce speed to low beat in egs and vanilla until mixed, then beat in flour mixture just until blended, from time to time scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces flatten each bit right into a disk. Wrap each disk with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove1 bit of dough from refrigerator. On gently floured surface, with floured moving pin, roll dough until slightly under 1/4 inch thick. With floured 3-inch to 4-inch cookie cutters, cut dough into as numerous cookies as you possibly can reserve trimmings. Place cookies, 1 " apart, on two ungreased large cookie sheets.
- Bake until edges are golden, 12 to fifteen minutes, rotating cookie sheets between lower and upper oven racks midway through. Transfer cookies to wire rack to awesome. Repeat with remaining dough.
- When cookies are awesome, prepare Ornamental Frosting. if you want use together with sugars and candies to brighten cookies. Set cookies aside to permit frosting to dry completely, about one hour. Store in tightly covered container (with waxed paper between layers if decorated) at 70 degrees as much as 2 days, or perhaps in freezer as much as 3 several weeks.
More recipes such as this