MAKES: 36 servings
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- two tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet choc chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350. Inside a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Combine flour, cacao and salt progressively beat into egg mixture. Stir in walnuts if preferred.
- Pour right into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake half an hour or until a toothpick insert in center arrives with moist crumbs. Awesome completely.
- For filling, inside a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Progressively beat in flour. Spread over brownies chill until firm.
- For glaze, inside a microwave, melt choc chips and shortening stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Immediately sprinkle with nuts, pressing lower slightly. Let stand until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
Initially printed as Cookie Dough Brownies in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p29