- 2 big handfuls fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove clove, grated
- 2 limes, juiced
- two tablespoons soy sauce
- Pinch sugar
- Ocean salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin essential olive oil
- 1 (6-ounce) block sushi-quality tuna
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, peeled, pitted, and sliced
Inside a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger root, garlic clove, lime juice, soy sauce. sugar, salt, pepper, and a pair of tablespoons essential olive oil. Stir the components together until well incorporated.
Convey a skillet over medium-high temperature and coat using the remaining two tablespoons of essential olive oil. Season the tuna generously with pepper and salt. Lay the tuna within the herbal and sear for one minute on every side to create a slight crust. Pour 1/2 from the cilantro mixture in to the pan to coat the fish. Serve the seared tuna using the sliced avocado and also the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled within the whole plate.
Recipe thanks to Tyler Florence