- 3/4 cup lengthy-grain grain
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet, skin removed, fish reduce 8 pieces
- two tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 10 cilantro stems, chopped, plus 1 cup cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1 1/two tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth or homemade stock
- 4 cups water
- 3 scallions including eco-friendly tops, chopped
Steps to make this recipe
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to some boil. Stir within the grain and boil until almost tender, about ten minutes. Drain.
We used lengthy-grain grain for the soup. In China and Japan, it might be created using short-grain, that is starchier and dissolves in to the soup more readily. If you wish to go rapid-grain route, arborio is instantly available.
Pairing this soup with wine might be a stretch. A lager beer is a far greater choice. On top of that: small flasks of warm, tangy sake.
Photo Melanie Acevedo Printed September 2012