For that Turnip Cakes:
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound turnips, peeled and grated
- Pepper and salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon shiitake mushroom seasoning
- Sesame oil
- 1 pound grain flour
- 7 cups water
For that Dipping Sauce:
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- Add some oil right into a wok.
- Add some grated turnip, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, pepper, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, and shiitake mushroom seasoning, and stir-fry for five minutes.
- Dish onto plate and hang aside.
- Inside a deep pan at medium heat, add 7 glasses of water with 1 bag of grain flour and blend completely.
- Add and stir the fried turnip. Gradually stir, before the mixture will get thick, then switch off heat.
- Cover a stainless-steel dish with cling wrap.
- Transfer in to the dish and canopy the very best having a cling wrap.
- Steam for half an hour, then leave to awesome completely.
- Slice and pan fry with oil at medium heat, until golden brown.
- Serve immediately and garnish with fresh cilantro.